Monday, May 14, 2012

time warp

Last week was a big week!

I had the pleasure of meeting my new friends, Sweet Alibi, and will share the stage with them again on June 1st in Winnipeg.  That show will be the kick off to my eastward tour.  I'm very excited to see them again in June and play at the Times Change(d).

Some you may have see that Pink Magazine came out last week and noticed that I'm looking all waitressy on the cover.  You can check out the article and the magazine here.  Thanks to the Mercury Cafe for letting us take over and do the shoot!  (And for lending me that apron to make me look legit.)

I was touched be be part of the Top 30 SaskMusic Spotlight.  I even broke the top ten.  Number eight!  I'm worthy!  I truly love the paragraph that they wrote about me.  Made me laugh out loud... 

Belle Plaine is a time machine, a time warp so many years back, that you picture her being black and white in real life. Her sound is classic and timeless, but modern and exactly what music needs right now. After years of traveling and working outside the province, jumping in and out of a singing career, she’s returned back to her home province where the arts community welcomed her with open arms. She’s quickly become a name that comes to mind when music and Saskatchewan are the topic of conversation.

Pretty great!  My hat goes off to whoever wrote that.  I've always thought of myself more as sepia toned, but I'll take black and white.  Bogart and Bacall style, please.

More news!  I'll be playing a solo set at the Regina TEDx after party in the RIC Atrium at the U of R on Wednesday at 4:30.  It's in celebration of my friend Ryan's new book A Healthy Society.  I'm very excited to be a part of the first TEDx in Regina.  You actually have no idea how much time I spend watching TED talks...

And finally, my car got a new stereo.  It's pretty fancy.  Beth and I will be plugging in our iPhones and pumping tunes all tour long.

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment