Thursday, March 12, 2015

teenagers, right?

UPDATE FROM OZ:
still beautiful.  still hot.

I didn't start in the professional world of music early in life.  Though I had plenty of music training, I generally worked on the fringes of the arts industries.  Aside from waitressing, which fits squarely in the realm of the entertainment industry as I see it, I've been employed by a children's theatre, a recording studio, and as a lighting technician.  It was that last one (which kept me in a tiny, windowless, black room for six nights a week), combined with my father's death that made me realize you have to chase down what you want in this world.  So I saved up as much money as I could and dove into the deep end to tread water full-time.

I have a couple of musician friends who are teenagers.  I'm in awe of them.  They're such great writers.  They inspire me to be fearless.  Since I've been in Australia they've both released music into the world.

Take a minute to check these young'ins out: Colter Wall and Kacy Anderson.

And yeah, that's yours truly singing on Colter's "Caroline".  Ya got me.

No comments:

Post a Comment