Tuesday, August 4, 2015

full circle

Chris Graham Photography
I think Saskatchewan might be a little sad that the long weekend is over.  It's always bittersweet... such beautiful sunny weather, but there are those little wasps buzzing around your plate of BBQ reminding you that sweet summer is fleeting, and soon will become autumn.

Though if you're blue about that, I think I have something to lift your spirits.  Blake Berglund and I are cooking up lots of activities for the fall.  We've got an announcement of tour dates for September,  the release of our 7" vinyl on September 4th and a new video to enjoy in the meantime.

Blake is putting out our first release from the vinyl to commercial country radio, which is a crazy thing to me.  Everything has come full circle back to me singing "Islands In The Stream" to my dog when I was a toddler.  Country radio is what formed my early understanding of music, and now you can apparently call in to your local country station and say,

"I'd like to hear Blake Berglund and Belle Plaine's song 'Town to Town'."

Will you have to sit on the phone for two hours?  Will you be nervous to hear your voice on air?  Will you be waiting by the radio to record a version through your ghetto box onto a cassette tape?  That, I don't know.

But I sure hope so.

These days are full with tasks, with achievements, and with my deep gratitude for your support.

xo
bp


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a hit to me. Best to you MH for keeping the faith.

    Ken Lutes

    ReplyDelete