Monday, August 29, 2016

sunset on summer



Friends,

We can admit it, right? We're looking squarely in the eyes of autumn as it approaches. The wasps have nearly concluded their misunderstood tyranny, the sun is slung a little lower in the sky, and you're already reaching for a sweater in the evening.

I made some miles over the past few months, and many memories too: tromping around the forests of Oregon north of the Columbia River, gigging through Western Canada with my love, hitting festivals – both to play and enjoy. I don't usually make the time to attend festivals, but this year, I had to. case/lang/veirs was booked to play Interstellar Rodeo in Winnipeg, and there was no way I was missing it. When Sturgill Simpson announced a Winnipeg date that fell on the day before Interstellar started, my fate was sealed. And a casualty of my plans was seeing Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Margo Price, Wilco, Whitehorse, and discovering Thao & The Get Down Stay Down. Pretty fantastic. It turned out to be a beautiful summer, y'know. And I endeavor to make the most of the fading days.

As I settle into the realities of approaching fall weather. I'm working on some new merch, some new songs for a new record, and the mighty task of tying up lots of loose ends. There's plenty to come, and I'll keep you posted on all the social medias.

Check the gig pages for new dates, and send a message if you feel lonely.

xo
bp

p.s. Hope your summer was a great ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment