Wednesday, February 1, 2012

how sweet it is

I'm in Red Deer at a swanky hotel.  It doesn't seem possible.  Actually, so much of my Red Deer experience doesn't seem possible.  We played at The Hide Out last night and were treated to hotel rooms, steak dinners, drink tabs and an attentive (even friendly!) sound technician.

Red Deer is awesome.

I also wanted to say that we had a wonderful show in Regina on Friday.  You sold out the Artesian!  People that didn't buy tickets had to go home and watch cable TV instead of seeing the show!  You totally surprised me!

A big thanks to everyone involved.  I had a lot of help.  There is no doubt.  I would have been lost without the help of the band, the technicians, the venue and all of the friends that are helping me keep this train on the tracks.  Thank you.  Love you.  I'm honoured by your hard work.

So yeah!  I'm a pretty happy lady these days.

As for today, we will be headed for the city of my higher learning: Edmonton.  We're doing a show at the Blue Chair.  I'm looking forward to it.  I even told people that know me personally about the show.  Usually I'm pretty shy around those smarty-pants musicians that I went to Grant MacEwan with.  But I'm feeling big in these britches.  I unseated my friend/producer Doug Organ in the CJSR Jazz charts this week.  Yeah.  Check that out!

I'll also be chatting with Lionel Rault at CKUA today at 4:00 PM.  Very exciting.  Please tune in if you're in Alberta!  Or stream it.  This is the modern age.

One more thing.  That picture is of a plate of cookies that Anna Rose made for me on the day of the album release.  What a sweetie.  And they were delicious too!

No comments:

Post a Comment