Monday, April 9, 2012

delegation celebration

I was recently told that when I realized I needed help with my career, I was headed down the path to success.  You just can't do it all yourself.

Well, I think that's true.

For example, it would stand to reason that spending 20 hours designing a poster isn't the best use of my time.  Sure, I find it enjoyable, but those same hours could have me writing a song, booking a show, rehearsing, or I dunno... watching Mad Men?

So, I'm trying something new for my tour this summer.  I asked illustrator Chad Geran to whip up a poster for me.  And it's great!  You can't see it yet, but you can see little snippets here and there.  (I know.  You thought it was the picture above.)  I must say that it's a relief to let someone else do the heavy lifting on this one.  I'm very excited for the results, and I promise to use my spare time wisely.

As for the picture you see here, I was trolling through some old tour photos from the fall and found the image.  A little girl at our show in Nanaimo drew it.  I'll never forget what happened when she asked us to sign the picture.  I wrote my name and passed the paper to Beth so she could do the same.  Instead of signing it, she was immediately compelled to draw her bass.  I'm not sure I've seen anyone amend a portrait of themselves - especially when a sweet little six year old is the artist - but there you have it.  Beth plays bass.  And don't you forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment