Sunday, August 19, 2012

western skies

Well, we're back at it.

On August 16 we loaded up the car, drove into the western skies and put on a show in Wetaskiwin at a car museum.

Yes. A car museum.

Our last visit to Wetaskiwin was a much different adventure.  On this go around we played in a lovely little theatre for a generous and friendly audience.  We reconnected with friends (probably my favourite thing about touring) and took time to meet new faces.

We're back touring in the west, and it's a wonderful thing.  The press is better, the tour was just a little easier to book and the cities are familiar.  We're working towards all of this east of Manitoba, of course. But for now, traveling west feels like we're revisiting memories.  It's very special.

Tonight we're in Edmonton putting on a show at Block 1912 on Whyte Ave, which has been taken over by the Fringe Festival.  When I moved to Edmonton to go to school at Grant MacEwan I spent my first week running around the streets of the Fringe.  It was my introduction to the city.  I'm looking forward to seeing what that looks like now.

Big thanks to @CYMYS from whom I stole this picture via Twitter.  She captured our last song of the night.

Hope to see you out there.
bp


No comments:

Post a Comment