Wednesday, September 12, 2012

twists & turns

Tour has taken a new direction. Stomach flu! I was sick 15 times. Gross.

I think I'll be better by tomorrow.

Lots has happened on the road since the last post.  For one, Elizabeth and I went to an event called the Riflemen's Rodeo.  I asked one of the marksmen to explain it to me.  He said that contestants take aim at moving targets at different distances.  Each target has a map of its vital areas.  The targets include a rabbit, a pig, an antelope, etc.  Then the scores on the targets are radioed back and a tally is kept for each competitor.  I asked if the announcer also moved the targets.  He said, "Naw.  There's kids out there in blinds."

Pardon?

We also went canoeing in Emerald Lake.  Very lovely.  Elizabeth biked the Kettle Trail from Summerland to Penticton.  I visited some wineries.  I also jumped in the lake after a noon-hour run up an Okanagan goat trail.  And we played lots of shows.  Red Deer, Maple Creek, Usona, Banff, Revelstoke, Winlaw, Penticton, and Vancouver.  They all had their special charm.  Not a stinker in the lot.  Thanks for that, Western Canada.  You can check out pictures, if you like.

Right now I'm getting ready to watch Colbert and rest up for tomorrow's show.  Hopefully I'll be 100% by tomorrow.  This stomach flu thing is a new experience on tour.  Just thinking about it makes me a little sick.

Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment