Sunday, March 3, 2013

just over the horizon

Hello friends,

In about 24 hours I will be back on the road, headed westward in a van with Elizabeth and Jeremy, seeking appreciative listeners, warmer climes, and – as always – a new adventure.  We have one heyday of a tour coming up from March 4th to the 31st thanks to the generous support of the Saskatchewan Arts Board. (May the Lord's face look upon thee with favour, Sask Arts Board.)

I am gleeful over the next month of concerts.  I'm ready for this, but I'm also ready for what comes next.

A rest.

Spread the word! As of May, Belle Plaine is putting on her pajamas, and is going to see if she can still write songs.

Sure, there's a lot of time between now and then.  But I'm excited about the prospect of cooling my heels with my wonderful boyfriend, my sweet-faced niece, my dear Gran and all the friends and family I have been away from over the past year and a half.  The promise of a break makes me excited for the tour.  They go hand in hand.  I'm ready to see what lies ahead after all the toil over Notes from a Waitress.  I think it's time to coast for a little while and just see what catches up to me.

Habitually, musician's blogs are a call to arms.  "I need your support!" they plead.  "Come to my show!" they beg.

Well... I do still need your support.  And I would love to see you at one of our Western Canadian shows.  I'd also love it if you voted for me in the CBC Searchlight contest too.  Especially if I make it to Round 3.  (This whole CBC thing is a bit of a marathon.  If you want to know more about it all, read up on it here.  If you just want to vote for me, click here... and then do it every day after for the rest of your life. Seriously. This thing goes on forever.)

But if you do none of these things, that's ok too.  I just want to say thanks.  I feel very privileged to be in your hearts and minds and homes and venues and festivals and stereos and... you get the picture.  Thank you for inviting me in.  I am beholden to you.

Drop me an email.  Come see one of our shows in March.  Floss your teeth and call your mother.  Over the next month I will carry all of my gratitude for all of your support in my heart and voice.

And then I will endeavor to weave it into new melodies for you to enjoy.

much love.
bp

2 comments:

  1. Stopping in Red Deer again? Voted/voting for you - Take Care

    Harry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Harry,

    No stop in Red Deer this time. Sorry to disappoint. Calgary, Edmonton are our closest shows to you. I know... sort of a weak effort for the good people of your city. Keep well, and we'll see you again. Promise.

    ReplyDelete