Friday, July 25, 2014

gateway pt. 1

Friends,

The miracle of technology has me writing this in a van cruising 110 kilometers per hour down Highway 6 to Bengough, Saskatchewan.  I have the great pleasure of playing the mainstage at the Gateway Festival with The Unrequited Love tomorrow night.

Gotta say, I'm pretty pumped about it.  As usual, it's a killer line-up and the festival organizers welcome artists to enjoy both nights, which is exactly what I'm doing. How could I pass up The Sadies tonight?  Those surf country mavericks introduced me to Neko Case's music.

It's truly summer now.  Festival season has begun.  Happy 10th Anniversary, Gateway.  Thanks for having me.  And you ticket buyers can get your fix here.

xo
bp

p.s. My rental van came with at least 33 bullet casings from a .22 shotgun.  If one shell raises an eyebrow, and five more or so justify a pause to ponder their origins, at what count should I be legitimately concerned?

No comments:

Post a Comment