Sunday, April 19, 2015

bootcamped

I went to my first ever bootcamp this weekend. Two great humans, Vel and Liam, from Coalition Music came out from Toronto and did their 10 week Artist Entrepreneur course in two days. It was intense, and fantastic. I'm honored to have been among the artists that were selected.

I'm so grateful to SaskMusic and Creative Saskatchewan for bringing the program out, and making it possible for me to attend. After the two days, I feel better informed, better supported in my career and even more connected to my community of musicians in the province.

And honestly, running a business based on creativity can be a hard slog. A weekend like this allowed me to see the good work of my peers, and that goes a long way.

As for the picture above, I didn't meet an artist manager, but after Blake drew this face on my snack, I began privately referring to it as my bananager. Not sure how my personal assistant, Siri, will react to this new team member, but we'll all just endeavor to get along.

Take some time to check out the other artists that I spent the weekend with:
Amy Nelson
Blake Berglund
Cquel
Del Suelo
DGS
Eric Taylor
Smokekiller
Judith Morrissey
Keiffer Mclean & The Curiousity Club
Mabaleka
Nick Faye & The Deputies
The Pistolwhips
Rebecca Lascue
We Were Lovers

2 comments:

  1. It was so nice to meet you Belle Plaine! Thanks so much for the shoutout in your post. It was a lovely weekend. I'm so happy Vel and Liam came out to Regina, too. It was wonderful meeting everyone. That's one handsome bananager. :) Hope Siri is getting along well lol. <3 Judith

    ReplyDelete