Friday, May 22, 2015

countdown to crustacean elation

Hi there,

After a wee (unintentional) break from the blog, I'd like to tell you a bit of news.  I've been busy here at Belle Plaine Corp.  I'm putting days in at the computer.  Dialing phone numbers.  Making it happen.

"Making what happen?" you ask.

Well friends, my trustworthy bandmates and I are hitting the East Coast in a week.  I'm thrilled about it.  We've put a lot of time into planning this baby, and in the end, we've come up with 20+ dates that have us singing songs all over Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick.  You can see the tour dates here.  We're playing everything from halls to art galleries to soft-seat theatres to B & Bs.  You got an audience?  We got a concert.  We're set on getting the word out.  Speaking of which, would you do me a favour?  Tell your friends, aunts, East Coast pen-pals... anyone.  I want to meet them all.

Another massive thank you to the Saskatchewan Arts Board for their support of this tour.  We certainly would not be able to take on such an ambitious project without them.  I. am. grateful.  Without the Arts Board, I just don't know what I'd do. 

Hey, on that note, here's something I really want you to know.  My community lost a wonderful woman in February: the unequivocal Michele Sereda.  The last time I saw her was a warm and vibrant exchange, as they always were.  That day, Elizabeth and I were puzzling over how we could connect with an audience on the East Coast, and Michele encouraged us to take our project to the Arts Board.  Without her guidance, we would have never done so.  This tour is in thanks, remembrance and celebration of her.

And I want you to know about the delightful poster that I built.  It was reliant on the contributions of three talented artists.  Carey Shaw on photography, Terri Fidelak on illustrations and Brianna Coffin on graphic design.  This is a favourite of mine.  Praise be to visual artists!!!  You can see the full version here.  Even download it, if you like.

Please send well wishes, must-see eastern sights and musings to belleplaine@belleplainemusic.com.

xoxo
bp

p.s. if you're thinking, "Why didn't she tell me about this sooner?" I highly recommend signing up for the newsletter.  On the first of the month, you'll get all the straight dope about what I have planned.

2 comments:

  1. You are going to love touring thiss part of Canada and the audiences there are going to love you & your band mates. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gord! We loved it last year, and we'll love it more this year, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete