Tuesday, June 16, 2015

tour tunes


Hello friends,

All is well in the land of lupins, sea breezes and mud flats.  We're halfway through the tour, and today we'll make our way to PEI for the delightful Festival of Small Halls.  I've been keeping uncharacteristically on top of the photo evidence, which you can see hereVery thankful for all the media attention we've been getting, and the good people who have booked us, fed us, provided beds and all the kindnesses that make touring enjoyable.  It's been a fun ride.  We'll be back to see our East Coast friends next year for sure.

Before I got on the amazing aeroplane for Halifax on May 28th, I spent the afternoon with my old friend, Brent Nielson.  I met Brent at CBC Saskatchewan when I started singing around Regina.  Brent keeps himself busy with all kinds of projects: his own band Stillhouse Poets, shooting videos and doing sound at Creative City Centre.  The latter two came together recently in a video series he started called "An Empty Room".  He's been busy doing the videos with a host of wonderful artists, and I'm happy that I got to be one  Give the video a watch, and see what great work he does.

And the song is about touring! How appropriate for the times.

Lotsa love from the East Coast.
xo
bp

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your show at Baba's Lounge!

    If you take requests: Emmylou Harris's 'If I Could Only Win Your Love', please.

    See you soon!
    Paulette
    (now an islander, but from SK)

    ReplyDelete