Monday, June 22, 2015

farewell, sweet isle.

Hello friends,

I've overridden my desire, and departed beautiful Prince Edward Island. Although a soft landing awaited in Pictou County NS, I was reluctant to say goodbye to the new friends I made at the Festival of Small Halls.

The festival is after my heart.  The venues are in rural locations, and allow for a comfortable environment to meet the people who attend. Many venues are churches with extraordinary architecture and acoustics.  Every one of our shows sold out, which is evidence that there is faith in the programming and their audience is willing to take a chance on acts they're unfamiliar with.  I'm so grateful for the opportunity and will sing praises for Small Halls until I'm invited to return.

Being on the island also allowed me to reconnect with friends from Canoe Cove, PE who I met last summer when I was on tour.  I've been adopted by families across Canada, and it has made for a better tour life.  My Canoe Cove kin, JoDee and Mari, have the rare ability to recharge my introvert batteries and give me a taste of home – a flavour which resembles rhubarb pie.

I have one more week on the East Coast until I return to Saskatchewan.  There's still a few new spots to see, including Cape Breton.  We've all grown fond of Maritimes, and are already planning our return.  Looking forward to New Glasgow, Antigonish, Inverness, Guysborough and Halifax!  I'm anxious to sing for you.

Thanks again to the Saskatchewan Arts Board for their funding of the tour.  I'm so proud to be supported by this historic organization.  It's an honour.

xo
bp

1 comment:

  1. The Maritimes are beautiful. I haven't been there is a hundred years and am quite envious of you.

    ReplyDelete