Thursday, July 23, 2015

catch up

The Ironwood Stage, Calgary; John Duff, Qmax Photography
Hello dear ones,

It's amazing how fast a month flies by.  I've been keeping very busy since the end of the East Coast tour with various adventures.

Five days after I got home from the east, I was tucked into Blake Berglund's tour van on the road to the Calgary Stampede.  As always, the Stampede delivered.  I was surprised, delighted and disgusted... in equal parts.  It's quite the experience.  And I got much better at singing harmonies.  It was a guerrilla-style, crash course approach to finding the third or fifth or whatever damned note sounded decent, but by the end I was nearly Emmylou Harris.  Sonny Rollins once said that one hour on stage is worth 1000 of practice, and I'd say the man was right.

After a rather rigorous schedule of back-up singing, I returned home to prepare with my band for the Festival of Words in Moose Jaw, SK on July 18th.  I shared the stage at the exquisite Mae Wilson Theatre with Miss Megan Nash.  It was a very special night.  Long to be remembered, and a definite highlight of my career.

The Mae Wilson Theatre; via @BlairWoynarski
As always, there's still lots on the go.  Tomorrow I'm headed up to Saskatoon with Elizabeth to play at a fundraiser for The Neural Health Project.  Saturday will see me at The Gateway Festival singing those harmonies alongside Blake Berglund again.

There's so much to come.  Too much to tell you all at once.  So keep in touch, friends.  I love hearing from you.

xo
bp

No comments:

Post a Comment