Friday, October 17, 2014

that old familiar feeling

Hi buddies.

This week has been a good one.  The photo here is a post Mayor's Arts & Business Awards moment after I was presented with their Emerging Artist award.

It's another important reminder that I am in a state of constant dependence.  I'm in debt of music lovers, venue owners, concert presenters, fellow musicians, sponsors, journalists, technicians, funding agencies, car mechanics... hell, the list is endless. Most of all I'm reliant on Jeremy and Beth, who have devoted their time to making music a livelihood with me.

Dependance has a beautiful effect of becoming community.  We've built a solid network of support across the prairies, and it's pushing outwards to reach the east and west coasts of Canada, with a few pockets in the USA beginning to form.  It is so exciting.  Being able to sing for a living and be cared for along the way is an incredible feeling.  I'm completely lost without all the help.

So thank you already!  For listening, writing about us, taking photos, booking shows, buying merch... everything.  Special thanks to those venues like the Bassment, Ironwood, Park Theatre, Artesian, and Carleton who give me street cred by bringing me onboard with major Canadian acts and making me look good in the process.

I'm just grateful.  Full stop.  Let's just all keep doing this, ok?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment