Thursday, December 18, 2014

a show of diversity

photo thanks to @ReginaFoodBank for this beaut.

Hello friends,

It's been a busy Christmas season thus far, and I've been playing an array of shows.  Everything from immaculately planned holiday parties with topless male models(!), to CBC Saskatchewan's Christmas Party, to Johnny Cash Tribute nights, to owning the role of a sultry lounge singer.  

It's rare that I play such a variety of shows and I've been eating it up.  

Tonight, I have the pleasure of performing my last trio show of 2014 at Slate Gallery here in Regina.  It'll be a mash-up of the new songs we're crafting, the Christmas songs we've mastered (and still enjoy!) and some old standard BP fare that we have a soft spot for.  We're all looking forward to it very much.

And tomorrow!  My goodness.  Tomorrow night Elizabeth and I are playing for an audience of yogis...  who will be yoga-ing while we play!  My beat-the-lack-of-heat winter activity is a new found yoga practice, and I am deeply grateful to Emma Korkola of Yoga Mala for inviting us into her community by asking us to perform.  It's entirely new territory, and I'm so thankful to be padding around a warm studio developing my practice.

By Saturday I'll be rushing around the city trying to jam in all my last minute Christmas To Dos with the rest of you.

Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment