Wednesday, December 3, 2014

the leading role

Angels,

A long-time reader of this blog would know that my childhood portraits may have displayed a streak of... independence.

Behold.  Another photo displaying my childhood insolence.

But dear reader, this is where it all began.  In Kindergarten I was cast as The Virgin Mary, and made my stage debut singing "Little Donkey".  This was a big deal in a five year old's life.  A leading role, setting the path for a lifetime of dreams.

However, as you may glean from the photographic evidence, I was displeased with my co-star.  I thought my childhood crush Scott Wozniak was worthy of Joseph's role, but it was Anish Kanungo who won the  part. (And who Mr. Google has informed me has become a doctor.  Well done, Anish!)

So it goes in life.

Though I have no appearances as the Virgin this year, I will be singing a bucket load of Christmas songs over the next few days.  The band and I have been hard at work learning every Jingle Claus Merry Sleighbell Marshmallow Christmas tune there is going.  Though many of our performances are of the private party variety – email belleplaine@belleplainemusic.com to book yours today! – I recommend that early birds head down to CBC Regina on Friday from 6 to 9 am for The Morning Edition's open house.  You can support their Comfort and Joy campaign for the Food Bank of Saskatchewan by doing so, and that's a very good thing.  There's lots of fun reasons to attend: a CBC prize wheel, kids craft table, hot chocolate and coffee... plus it's free!

May your heart be light, friends.

xo
bp

No comments:

Post a Comment