Thursday, February 4, 2016

smash it, crash it... whatever it takes.

  !WHOOP!
 !!WHOOP!!
!!!WHOOP!!!

The first single from The Unrequited Love got released out into the world today. Thanks to exclaim.ca for previewing it.

You can hear it HERE.

I am super stoked.  So happy.  Nervous.  I've been hatching this egg for quite some time, and it's a bigg'un.  Some new songs, some old songs, some songs I love by other people.  It's a real mixed bag, and I made it because I want people to get what I do when I'm on stage.  If you're here, reading this, you might already know what that is.  And you might also know it's weird to answer the question of what kind of music it is.

So what am I doing to celebrate?  Y'know, the usual: cultivating myopia by staring into the blue light of my MacBook Air.  I'm composing emails to people that I don't know.  Asking them to weigh in on my album so that I can get a quote or two.  My Grandma Laila told me, "Be careful about asking questions that you might not like the answers to."  I'm wading deep into those waters.  May the critics be kind.

All things aside, The Unrequited Love feels like a great step towards the artist that I want to be. And as I release this album I'm working hard at writing a new album for you.

If you haven't, go listen to "Crashing Through".  And then tell me what you think.  I'll just call my Gran and cry to her if I don't like it.

xo
bp

No comments:

Post a Comment